Tricia Samuel, Director of Educational Services
The Educational Services department coordinates a variety of programs and supports to assist in appropriately addressing the diverse needs of the district's student body. Through this office, special education staff, English as a second language tutoring, speech and language therapy, school psychology services, guidance counseling, occupational therapy, physical therapy, adapted physical education, preschool diagnostics, nursing services, and other related services are secured and monitored. Specific services of the department include:
- Assessment and identification of any preschool or school age student suspected of having a disability residing in the Maumee City School district.
- Delivery of a free and appropriate public education through a full continuum of placement options.
- Assurance of district compliance with state and federal legislation governing the provision of services to individuals with disabilities.
- Support for district and building Response to Intervention (RTI) teams.
- Staff training.
- Coordination of the district's Crisis Response Team.
- Acting as a liaison between the district and outside agencies.
- Consultation with the local non-public schools regarding special education issues.
Educational Services Newsletters
Exceptional Connections Newsletter 10/2016
Students with Special Needs - Link here for more information
Information about Title I Services - Link here for more information
Gifted & Talented Educational Opportunities: GATE, BRIDGE, HONORS