Prospective Families & Current Families
Maumee City Schools strives to create an incredible educational experience for each and every Maumee student and we have a proud tradition of providing an outstanding public education for students. Maumee is known as a high-achieving district of approximately 2,300 where students in all grades consistently score above national and state averages on standardized exams. Students in high school have post-secondary, college credit plus, honors and advanced placement educational opportunities in addition to Maumee’s rigorous college-prep curriculum.
We live out our core beliefs each and every day and it is a difference you will notice as soon as you walk through our doors. We believe students come first, in continuous improvement and in maximizing the potential of others. Our mission and vision further demonstrate our dedication to the success of all our students.
Amazing things are happening in our classrooms every day and we would welcome the chance to have you and your children visit our schools and experience what Maumee has to offer. You can view the Maumee City Schools QUALITY PROFILE to see just a few of the successes and learning opportunities that can't be measured on a state report card but are accountability measures that truly demonstrate the value of a Maumee City School's education: innovative learning experiences, AP scores, awards, music opportunities, extracurriculars, financial ratings, college & career readiness, parent support groups, and much more.
Maumee City Schools offers a specialized gifted education program for students beginning in grade 3, as well as special education services that are comprehensive and student-focused to ensure all children have the ability to reach their full educational potential. Maumee High School’s graduation rate exceeds 97% and all five Maumee schools have a fully-equipped S.T.E.A.M. lab (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) where students design, invent, experiment and build.
Maumee High School has been named as a US News & World Report Silver Medal High School and has attained College Board’s AP Honor Roll designation. Maumee’s teaching staff is experienced and caring with 100% deemed “highly qualified” by Ohio Department of Education. In addition to amazing academic successes, Maumee is proud of its achievements in the arts, athletics, community service, extracurriculars, and parent/community involvement.
- Maumee High School offers students the opportunity to participate in 26 after-school clubs/activities and 37 athletic teams.
- Gateway Middle School offers 12 after-school clubs/activities and 15 athletic teams.
- Elementary schools also boast numerous after-school clubs and activities for children.
Technology is an important cornerstone in all aspects of the Maumee curriculum. District-wide, students regularly use technology during the school day to help prepare them to learn, work and be successful in college and career. Community service is another cornerstone and initiatives are in place from elementary through high school. Students of all ages are encouraged to volunteer and many receive special recognition based on their volunteer hours.
Want to learn more? Maumee City Schools invites students of any age to be a “Panther For A Day” and shadow a Maumee student, meet staff, and explore educational opportunities. Call us at (419) 893-3200 for more information.
High school is the culminating educational experience for all students and below are just a few points of pride about Maumee High School:
* Yearlong New Panther experience . . . MHS pairs small groups of new students with specially-trained upperclassman leaders for team building, mentoring, fun activities and much more
* Silver Medal for top high schools in Ohio - US News & World Report 2018 & 2019
* Youth Leadership Toledo – Students in Action Multi-Year Award Winner
* College Board’s AP Honor Roll designation
* 25 College Credit Plus and AP courses taught by Maumee faculty on campus at MHS
* Latin Honors & Recognition for Community Service Work
* Visual & Fine Arts + Orchestra, Marching Band, Symphonic Band
* Choirs + Plays & Musicals
* Opportunities to Travel Abroad & to NYC
* S.T.E.A.M. Educational Focus + MakerSpace (science, technology, engineering, arts, math)
* Robotics & Computer Programming
* Daily After-School Peer Tutoring w/ Transportation
* ACT Prep Course
Maumee High School Counseling
Gateway Middle School Counseling
Wayne Trail Elementary School (4th & 5th grade building)
Fairfield Elementary School (K-3rd grade)
Fort Miami Elementary School (K-3rd grade)
School District Boundaries & Facilities - Click here to view map
Effective April 2, 2020, The Maumee City School District has a "capped open enrollment" policy for students who live outside the boundaries of the school district. LINK TO POLICY. To learn more about this new policy, please call 419-720-3285.
Enrolling New Students
If your student is in grades K - 3, learn the elementary school your child will attend by viewing the list HERE. All students in grades 4 and 5 attend Wayne Trail Elementary School. All students in grades 6 - 8 attend Gateway Middle School and all students in grades 9 - 12 attend Maumee High School. Click on this LINK for more information about enrolling new students.